You have been awarded points.
Thank you for !
- Story Listed as: Fiction For Adults
- Theme: Science fiction stories
- Subject: Science Fiction
- Published: 01/04/2019
The last of FirstBorn 2000, M, from Moscow, Russian Federation
Star system HD-903R, the frontier military space station of the project "Colonizer", 3017.
The ordinary day at the station has gone without adventures. The work shift ended and tired people wandered through the cabins. The soldiers of the small garrison, after the change, also went for the rest. At this star system for all time of being people here, nothing has happened, and cause of this there were no much soldiers.
Report about no incidents was received from the small living station on the surface of the atmosphereless rocky planet, and captain of orbital station announced lights out. The windows were closed by panels, lightings decreased by seventy percent, and night has come to the "Colonizer".
The captain, fifty years old retired soldier, who changed his dangerous army service at another star system, which was full of cruel pirates, to pieces and silent at the frontier of the galaxy. For the last seven years, which that man has been managing of this station, there had happened absolutely nothing. The real paradise for man, who has a lot of terrible thing in his life.
- Captain. - The chief officer of the garrison, colonel of assault troops, entered to captain's cabin. The man a little younger that captain, he was a soldier too, but not retired: - What about little training in the shooting area?
- Do you really have not enough shooting at the military training? - Captain smiled standing up from his chair: - Come on, warmup won't discourage us.
Two persons, who have higher ranks at all station, walked along the empty corridor to the elevator. After passing it a few levels, they were in one of the lower compartments, where the storage areas and hangars you'll see a small room transformed into infantry training.
Putting his hand to the scanner, the captain opened the thick door leading to the shooting range. This place wasn't used often, usually there rest the high ranked officers, because only they had access to here. And captain with colonel like taking a bottle of brandy is not very strong to shoot at moving targets.
- Captain, how do you do it, anyway? - Colonel asked, charging the energy battery into the assault rifle: - I was trying and I couldn't hit more than three targets at once.
- My friend, for this years you could guess that I have a defective rifle. - Captain laughed activating his old rifle and switching it to single fire. - Once at the battle, the barrel was hit by shrapnel, and bullet constantly slightly twists, so he flies in an arc. Two days of training and you will hit five targets by one shot.
- Yeah, the answer was such clear. - The Colonel sighed, retreating to his firing position: - So, for warm up, what about assault?
- Of course. - Captain nodded.
The assault - very effective system of training, when in a spacious corridor a lot of very fast targets randomly appear, which shooting to exerciser in two seconds after appearing. After five hits, the shooter loses, and the system shows the result of training.
Captain and colonel have no defeats, staying for ten minutes under assault, because of this the high goal of the training was trying to defeat partner. So, the system couldn't be tricked, and it looks for honest competition. Ten minutes later, two experienced soldiers, almost tired, put down their rifles and exhaled. Difficult, as usual, was the highest, that wasn't an obstacle for them, anyway. And they, while the system was counting the result, came out of the shooting range in a small room, where quiet music was already playing, and there was a bottle of twenty-year-old brandy on a small table.
- I have aged. - Grunting, the colonel said, falling in a hard chair: - o=One more hits and I would lose.
- Don't worry, friend, we will retire together. - Captain laughed: - I had four-time hit too.
Pouring a glass, the men gave a toast for health and drank. Brandy was pretty well, with nice tastes, and strong enough for captain and colonel relaxation. A minute later, the system announced a result by a pleasant female voice:
- The result of the shooter "Captain" - forty-nine targets, twenty-four critical strikes, eighty-six percent of accuracy. The result of the shooter "Colonel" - fifty-one targets, twenty-one critical strikes, seventy-one percent of accuracy. The shooter "Captain" is the winner.
- You don't save bullets. - Captain complained: - Okay, you have battery and guns for one-year long shooting. And suddenly war? Where will you charge it?
- Our weapons are not firearms, it can be not regretted. - Colonel smiled. He was very careless about things like that: - So grenade should be regretted, and I can charge battery everywhere. Even from the wrecked gravity cycle.
- I am surprised, how could you, with this position, shoot down six jet fighters and forty-three tanks on Gilran using only one ammunition of heavy combat suit? - Captain asked newly poured brandy in the glasses.
- Dexterity of manipulators and no deception. - Colonel laughed: - You're not the only one, who can use a tricky gun.
- Well, we are both good. - The captain snorted, took the glass and, clinking, and drank it.
Suddenly his communicator, hanging in a belt-attached case, began to buzz. Captain's eyebrows shot up in surprise, just like the colonel’s. Calling to captain's communicator after lights out... this has not happened yet.
By taking over a device, the captain looked, who tried to contact him, and even more surprised. Someone tried calling from one of the working computers on the earth station on the surface of the planet. Multifunctional Communicator easily determined the location of the computer, why even the Colonel sighed in surprise. The computer was outside the station, in the atmosphere less space.
- What does it matter? - The stressed colonel asked, mechanically touching the palm side. Pistol, as well as other combat equipment, of course, was not here.
- Let's see. - The captain spoke and answered the call.
The Communicator's screen expanded due to the holographic projection, on which the face of a bloody man in a suit appeared. He was lying in front of the camera on a rocky surface, and only from the speakers of the helmet came the rattle.
- Hey! - Screamed captain to communicator attracting people's attention.
He slowly turned his head to the screen. His eyes widened, he often breathed, and trying to say something, but the pain and excitement he did not do that. For a moment he tried to collect his thoughts until slightly calmed down and didn't speak:
- Captain! We urgently need help! Here... - The man coughed and blood splatters stained the helmet glass.
- Calm down and say calmly, what happened. - Demanded the captain in a tough and unemotional, as befits a high ranked officer.
- I'm the head of the ... research ... team… - The man began to speak hoarsely: - we searched one of the craters ... for the uranium isotopes... and found a hyper beacon.
- What? - The captain and the colonel asked in surprise: - How could that be? Whose was the lighthouse?
- This is not our model... - the scientist answered, barely keeping consciousness. - I mean, not by human…
- Not understand. - Said the captain, finally ceasing to understand anything at all. - Whose model could it be?
At this moment, the scientist was covered by a large shadow, and only the light from the monitor of his laptop illuminated the person's face. Suddenly the captain's head quickly popped the latest data from the card. The orbital station could not receive a signal from the station, as it was located above the other hemisphere, and the connection was not established well enough to keep in touch. But how did he get in touch with the scientist?
Suddenly there was a hum of concentrated energy from the communicator, and the light of the battle suit lit up behind the scientist. A brief flash illuminated the space for a brief moment, and then the connection was lost.
The captain with the Colonel sat in silence in the break room trying to realize what just happened. It was so sudden and unclear, that even experienced soldiers could not comment on this. Only one thing, which was clear for them - the need for landing combat troops on the ground station. If someone decided to attack people, then it is necessary to react immediately.
- Alert. - Captain said.
The colonel silently pulled out his communicator and contacted the control room.
- Says Colonel Kreis, access code "seven two eight hundred y". - The soldier spoke in a clear voice: – Urgent! Battle alert! I repeat, the alert is not training! Come on, who can hear me!
No one answered to colonel. There was only some rustling and buzzing from the other side and that's all. Suddenly something clicked and the light went out. All the doors opened with a bang, and the only thing that worked as it should – that emergency lighting, which was completely independent of the base system.
The captain and the Colonel looked at each other and immediately went to the shooting range. All the worst assumptions were confirmed-the weapon compartments, as the entrance to the shooting range, were opened. This can only mean one thing-someone hacked into the security and control system, and now the station is completely defenseless.
- No way. - The captain said pulling out of the camera arms, battery, and equipment: -On the outskirts of the galaxy, on a simple station, and attack. What idiot would do that?
- Whoever it is, he's got a great supply. - The colonel replied, putting on his military equipment with incredible speed and agility: - To turn off all the doors, you need to break the security protocols, and even the most advanced pirates are not able to. Even the Communicator is dead, I can't contact the fighters.
- So, we will make our way to them. - The captain answered, trying to open the only compartment that was locked. - Help me.
- Depart. - The Colonel said, opening a box of grenades.
- Careful, or we'll almost be helpless. – Asked the captain, carrying weapons and equipment to the side, not caught in the blast.
The Colonel deftly set up the magnetic grenade on the door and, hiding behind the corner, took aim and shot a rifle accurately with one. Three charges with a crash exploded, almost without damaging the door but blowing locks. Doors immediately parted to the sides, revealing more than half. That's enough.
- They must have heard us. - The captain said, glancing at the cameras.
- Then hurry up. - The Colonel chuckled and entered the open passage. Captain followed him. In a small room in an airtight chamber, stood light-weight models of exoskeletons, intended for training of personnel. However, this is a real combat device, in which the only limitation was the ban on the use of heavy modules.
- Remember youth, buddy? - The captain spoke with some sadness.
Somewhere in the distance, there was a loud explosion. The faces of the two old warriors instantly became focused and serious, they dressed in an outfit without any words. Having adjusted under themselves exoskeletons, they returned to the room with the weapon and began to arm. The captain, as usual, preferred powerful, large-caliber, single-shot rifles. Fewer shots, more targets hit - the slogan of the captain of his entire military career.
The Colonel also thought differently. As a stormtrooper, always fighting on the front line, he used automatic rifles and, if allowed equipment, machine guns, hitting the enemy with heavy fire. Now, with the training exoskeleton, the Colonel picked an automatic rifle and two handguns, adding all unloading with two dozen energy batteries.
- Damn, getting old! - He swore and swung his gun with a swift movement. A second, and the gun went back in its holster, and the security camera exploded with sparks.
- I didn't think of that either. - Captain shook his head, charging a heavy rifle, capable of one well-aimed shot to knock out a heavy tank.
And even an exoskeleton wasn't required for a man to handle that weapon. Well, just in case the captain took with him two submachine guns. And both soldiers are not forgotten and electromagnetic grenades.
Silently nodding to each other, the men activated the exoskeleton battle mode. Immediately their heads were covered with light solid helmets with night vision mode, built-in radio transmitters, and lights. Turning on the night vision, the soldiers, in turn, left the shooting range and went to the hangar.
A dark room in which one could hardly see anything without the proper equipment met them in the tense silence. So quiet just doesn't happen on full permanently employed electronics ship.
Hiding behind large boxes, placed everywhere near the landing ships, the soldiers gradually moved to the stairs. They moved quite silently despite their heavy and bulky equipment. So it went unnoticed for an unknown enemy.
- Stop. – Hissed softly radio transmitter in the helmet of a captain. He instantly froze, waiting for further explanation, and without making even the slightest movement.
- I see a target for two hours, seventy meters. The captain replied, noticing the movement of the unknown aircraft in the distance.
- Affirmative. - Replied the Colonel. -The purpose of a single class is not defined.
- Apparently, it's a drone. - Said the captain, considering the large quadcopter of unfamiliar design to the sight of his rifle. The hull is too small to fit inside the pilot. From weapons two unusual forms of a machine gun. Everything about this device was weird.
- I confirm the possibility of shooting him. - The Colonel said. - What should we do?
- It is worth to circumvent, don't risk. - Decided the captain, then as a senior officer, identified future actions of the group. - Moving along the wall, you are in front, I'm covering. In case of detection - open a single fire, not think, that enemy has a strong armor.
- Yes, captain. - Replied the Colonel, moving forward.
The soldiers slowly moved forward to the wide-open door leading to a large staircase that permeates the entire station. They used any irregularity, any object as the best shelter in the world, and therefore the drone, buzzing engines, did not find the enemy and flew further towards the shooting range.
- They were definitely following us. - The captain spoke softly.
- Does that mean they have all the cameras on the station under control? - The Colonel asked a question and stopped in amazement.
The entire station was littered with cameras, the recording of which is usually processed by artificial intelligence. And now, if the enemy reprogrammed it, they can see everything on the ship.
- Why did you say that? – He said with a sigh, the captain, aiming a rifle somewhere deeper into the hangar.
From there, buzzing with machine guns filled with energy, several light drones flew at the hiding people. The silence in the hangar was disturbed by frequent loud shots. Charges beat surprisingly precisely in people, but those, thanks to shelters, remained safe.
- Let's flash! – The captain shouted.
The Colonel without a word withdrew a grenade from his belt and, took off the safety, threw it to the side of enemy vehicles. A bright flash coincided with the buzzing electromagnetic field, and lost coordination drones began to rush around the hangar, randomly shooting and hitting everything that was possible.
- Fire! - The captain commanded and, having aimed, shot precisely at the engine of one of the aircraft.
The engine flashed brightly, and the wrecked drone swirled and crashed to the floor and exploded. Shots rattled, the Colonel sent dozens of shells to the target. Of course, the accuracy left much to be desired, but the tactics justified itself – a lot of hits from the rifle drones could not stand and collapsed down. Only one of them didn't explode.
- Sector's clear. - The Colonel reported. - We need to check the drone. I need to figure out what kind of model it is, and what the hell its machine gun is so powerful.
- I'll cover. - The captain replied and left the shelter, replacing it with the broad hull of the freighter. From here it is much more convenient and safer to shoot.
The Colonel, gently moving on bent legs and looking around, approached the smoldering drone. Damaged elements sparkled, manipulators and a machine gun of a strange design moved, but because of the damaged power unit, it could not shoot.
Taking the gun in his hand, the Colonel took aim and fired into the gap in the case of equipment. The drone in the throes of the humming, and finally stopped, posing no more threat. The Colonel examined it busily from all sides and told his partner in surprise:
- I don't know what the hell this model is! - The captain replied with a surprised sigh. To an experienced soldier, and something he didn't know: - I'll tell you more – even the modules I'm not familiar with. And design. You know what? I swear, whatever you want, but I've never seen a machine gun like that.
- You think it's a secret development? - The captain asked, staring intensely into the darkness.
- And they decided to test it on us? Maybe. - The Colonel replied, moving away from the downed drone. – In that case, it means the beginning of the war, and we have to act according to the existing protocols.
- I see. - Said the captain, picking up his broken communicator.
But he didn't have to turn it on. The Colonel lifted the lid, exposing the microscopic device. Captain without a doubt clicked on it, pressing to the communicator. Short flash and all fell silent again. That's all, request military support sent to the nearest military base, and the message about the critical situation went straight to the nearest hyper beacon, which went to the higher military authorities.
The captain put completely useless communicator on the floor and, waving his hand to the colonel, moved towards the stairs. But, apparently, they will not be allowed to leave the hangar.
The commanders did not reach the door just a bit, as there came frequent steps. In the hangar, instantly taking firing positions, ran several men in combat gear with the insignia of the fraction to which the station belonged as everything on it.
- My guys arrived. – Breathed a sigh of relief by the Colonel, and he got ready to go to them, as the captain said sharply:
Experienced, albeit retired, soldier embarrassed by something. Maybe it's instinct, maybe a huge experience helps, but the captain did not venture to go to them. Because now he was most confident in only one thing – They're not allies.
- Turn on the thermal. - Ordered captain, activating this function and in his helmet.
Everything immediately fell into place. Before them, taking up positions and behaving, as befits soldiers were not those who the Colonel knew. Because most of their bodies were cold. That means only one thing – cyborgs. Prohibited military development. But as far as the captain knew, to create a cyborg need a lot of time, but there are models ahead, which was usual guys a few hours before.
- What the hell is going on?! – Nervous Colonel, hiding behind one of the crates just thirty meters from the while doing nothing cyborgs.
- I have no idea. - The captain admitted, trying to keep his composure: - But we must not panic, so we act according to the instructions. So, wait ... what the hell is this?!
From the door leading to the stairs, something slipped with humming. It was an odd length of five meters, the device flattened triangular shape with a long hole from the top to the center. In this hole, which turned out to be the line of generation of the electromagnetic field, this field has already begun to be generated. Apparatus, slowly rotating, froze, aiming accurately at the shelter of the captain.
- Shit! - He exclaimed, and fired, fortunately, he considered the enemy strange device via the lens.
A concentrated high-power charge swept exactly along the generation line in the device and hit the power unit – the most unprotected and dangerous place in any device. It instantly detonated, and only not had time to form a magnetic field hit in different directions, spoiling the helmet modules of colonel and captain. Even the radio didn't work.
The colonel did not panic and as soon as the device exploded, and cyborg to start shooting randomly into the shelter of the captain, began to bombard the enemies with a rifle, occasionally reinforcing the success grenades.
Many charges helplessly bounced off the strange modules that replace parts of the body of cyborgs but hit the body tissue were critical for enemies. Cyborgs fell one after another, but none of them were afraid of death and bullets, so they stubbornly went to the shelter of the colonel, accurately firing at him.
Holding his breath, the captain looked at the rifle scope and started shooting. Seven shots in three seconds. Eliminated seven exact hit in the head cyborgs. As soon as the last enemy fell a pile of meat and metal on the floor, the captain rolled to the side, hiding behind one of the boxes and quickly reloaded the rifle.
- We need to move forward! – The Colonel shouted from his hiding place.
- Let's go upstairs, we need to get to my cabin! - The captain replied. – Eliminate any objects in front of us. Forward!
The ladder though was wide, but the captain still chose to throw back his heavy rifle, and pick one of the lighter options at the downed cyborg. Colonel, as usual, went ahead, and captain for him. Moving upstairs, they both listened to the silence and tried to catch at least some sound that would suggest the approach of enemies. But so far, nothing like this has happened.
- First, we go into the Arsenal. - Whispered to said the captain to the Colonel. - Take battle suits and also do what have to do in a pinch.
- I see. - The colonel nodded, frowning, and continued.
Along the way, the men shot all the cameras they could see. And so they discovered, but the enemies didn't know everything about their location, to the smallest detail.
Thus, they both climbed seven tiers up and turned into one of the corridors. Through every ten meters, they passed open thick doors, which were supposed to protect one of the most important places at the station from the penetration of outsiders. But somehow the enemies managed to crack these doors as well.
- Move aside! – At one point the captain shouted and pushed the partner to one of the side corridors, and jumped after him.
Once again, the energy machine gun tipped with a hum, and the corridor lit up with dozens of flashes.
"At least now light" - Thought the Colonel, rising.
- Did they manage to hack into the security system? - Surprised captain. - It's autonomous.
- I think the system thought we were trespassers. - The Colonel snorted. – And I'm ready to put my rifle, that you also do not have a working personal Communicator to confirm our status.
- Right. - The captain nodded, taking from his belt a grenade. - Then get on with own machine.
With these words he threw the electromagnetic grenade into the hallway and as soon as it exploded, ran after him, spraying the ceiling with heavy fire. The turret, unable to even move after EMR, was covered with a path of holes and exploded.
- There's plenty! - The captain shouted to the colonel who ran out after him, taking off his rifle from the back.
The corridor is long and well-sweep, because of this the captain did not split hairs and just accurate long shots disabled the turret. The outdated security system, which was equipped with this station, had a significant drawback-it was too open, and it was easy to destroy at the distance.
- But before us, there was nobody there. - Found at least something positive in this situation, colonel.
- But soon will. - Grimly replied the captain, opening one of the few mechanical doors at the station. For it was Arsenal. - Quickly equip in assault armor and down the corridor go to my cabin.
- Which corridor? – Did not understand the Colonel, rushing into the opened door.
- You lived so many years at the station and still don't know that the cabin of the captain, arsenal, and reactor link the three straight corridors? - Surprised captain. - Don't scare me like that, or you'll retire without benefits.
- So, you though word too much is pull? – Replied the Colonel, coming to closed chambers with suits and austere shooting in the latch. Translucent doors parted to the sides, opening the soldier's access to a massive matte suit.
A real beast! The armor will withstand a direct hit from a hundred meters from a heavy rifle, an exoskeleton with a powerful battery supports almost a day of continuous operation at the limit, and powerful manipulators allow you to use even weapons for light equipment.
Having got rid of the defective exoskeletons, both men, having nodded to each other, activated a space suit and a back laid down in it. The soft interior of the suit warmly welcomed new users, instantly adjusting to their physiological characteristics. The system buzzed, before the eyes of the captain and the Colonel there was a picture from the cameras on the helmet.
- So, friend, do you feel good to be a stormtrooper? - There was a happy voice of the Colonel in dynamics.
- Yeah, not a bad thing, but the fighter armor better. - Chuckled the captain, making the first, careful step. The spacesuit obediently repeated all the actions of the user. - Quickly fill the ammunition and take all the best.
-Do you mind if I take something big? - The Colonel chuckled and walked over, stepping heavily on the floor, to the shelves with large-caliber grenade launchers.
Raising one armored hand, the Colonel activated the grip, and a heavy bulky gun was firmly attached to it. Without thinking twice, the Colonel approached the door through which they had entered the Armory, took aim at the corridor and fired. The heavy suit staggered, the weapons in the racks shook, and a large warhead, flying almost to the end of the corridor, exploded with incredible power, bringing down the ceiling.
- We don't need visitors, right? - The Colonel chuckled.
- To die, so with the music? - Captain chuckled. - Look, you hit the hull, we're dead. Time to go.
The captain preferred two stationary machine guns of twenty millimeters caliber and a hefty portable box with ammunition. The captain confidently stepped up to the racks with rifles and clutching at him with all the forces drawn in their favor. He drove off with a squeak, opening a dark passage, illuminated by lamps, powered by an autonomous generator.
- What if there was no suit? - The Colonel asked, entering the corridor first. - How would you move that Cabinet?
- You can enter a command sequence with sensors in the Arsenal, but it's too long. - Replied the captain, pushing the rack back.
Rumbling armor, they ran down the winding passage, then rising, then sharply falling. Fortunately, powerful manipulators of spacesuits allowed even to walk on a ceiling.
Running a little forward the Colonel reached the next sharp turn and only wanted to pass it as the wall sharply exploded. A heavy suit, like a toy, was thrown to another wall, but a mechanical five appeared in the hole immediately grabbed him and dragged him away.
- Stop! - The captain shouted, rushing after his friend.
He ran out in a spacious corridor, littered with the rubble of the wall and corpses. Looking around, the captain saw a strange, huge device resembling a straightened umbrella, whose "handle" grabbed the Colonel's spacesuit and sparkled, attacking him with a powerful electric discharge.
Captain without hesitation opened fire on the enemy, one machine gun shooting at the body, and the second trying to kill the wriggling iron whip. The extinguished spacesuit with the Colonel threw aside, and the enemy device, again unmanned, sparkled and exploded, hitting the entire space around a blizzard of shrapnel. But they couldn't penetrate the armor of the spacesuits.
The captain ran to the Colonel and clutching at the mask of the helmet, with difficulty pulled it open.
The captain saw the motionless, burnt face of his old friend, who only wheezed, unable even to mentally order the spacesuit to go into passive mode and release its user. The captain pushed back the mask on his helmet and almost shouted:
- Friend! How is it, then, huh?!
- Shhr -- Colonel wheezed, barely lifting his eyelids. But because of the burnt capillaries still did not see anything. Gathering his last strength, he uttered a barely audible: - Finish... it…
And the Colonel froze, stopped breathing. The captain silently lowered his head and closed the mask of the suit of his dead friend. Now there is only one thing - to get to the wheelhouse and activate the Hyper beacon. If all goes well-the station will fall into the inhabited system HR-7012, where the military base is placed. And there already soldiers will deal with intruders. Of course, if unknown enemies did not attack the base.
The captain, with a sigh, brought the suit in full combat readiness and returned to the corridor, then swiftly ran. Before cutting, we had very little.
The final push and the captain ran to a dark dead end. Instead of stopping, he with all his strength crashed into the wall, easily knocking it. Heavy suit flew into the spacious captain's cabin, which, fortunately the captain was empty. Even the door, which the station Manager locked up before going to the shooting range, was still intact.
- Deactivate! – The captain said, and his suit buzzed constantly. Chest and leg armor plates parted to the side, and the helmet rose up, leaning back. The captain fell out of the armor suit and ran to the control panel.
Feeling the danger in his back, he quickly entered the activation keys, launching the nuclear reactor. Station severe shaking, and the monitor, which derived a picture of the exterior cameras appeared thin transparent field, which was slowly filled. On the ensuing hologram appeared, the scheme of the station with the designation of disabled modules. Fortunately, the engine, the reactor and surrounding the modules are not damaged, and therefore appeared a column of readiness of the hyperdrive quickly became filled.
20 percent ... 47 ... 91 ... 100!
Captain with shout hit the keyboard and switched the heavy lever. The station shook even more, and the captain climbed into his seat and fastened his belt, fussing.
On the screen, the energy field was saturated to such an extent that it completely concealed all outer space, and a funnel appeared in its center. The station, being distorted in space, slowly got involved in this funnel and instantly disappeared, having left in silent star system only space garbage and the destroyed research base on a dead planet.
A few seconds, during which time is completely stopped, and space is crazy, and that the captured station with more captain alive appeared in a busy star system. Speakers immediately came to life, from all sides showered messages demanding to be named and explain why without coordination so much large object was in a closed space. A minute explanation, or the destruction of a megaton bomb.
- Says the captain of the research station of the project "Colonizer", serial number GST-80017, the location of the star system HD-903R, Steyr Brank. I report an attack by an unknown enemy! I demand help! Confirmation code…
No sooner had the captain to say the most important code, like a smooth flexible rope of unknown material, casting a purple light wrapped around the neck of the captain and turned him around, lifting her above the ground.
Before hoarse captain teetered something. It was a creature, created from the same unknown solid smooth material, which is constantly like a wave of small insects scurried. But it wasn't gnats, and nanorobots, which were being, took the form of man.
- What... are... you...- Croaked the captain, laying his hand on the belt.
- I can be everything to you. - Answered changing the voice of the creature, turning into different people, in the end taking the form of the deceased colonel, repeating even his clothes. - You've been very helpful. Without your coordinates, we couldn't get into your other star systems, but now we have access codes and we can start an invasion. You have provided invaluable assistance to our race, and therefore I invite you to share with us the happiness of the coming victory.
- You want me to ... betray... my ... faction? - The captain asked, panting.
- You could say that. - "Colonel" answered. - Accept my gift, give up the defective organic shell. You deserve it.
- You know... I ... deserve... something... different.
- What is it? - Asked, tilting his head, the creature.
- Reward ... for destroying ... a subversive ... group ... of the enemy! – Almost growled the captain and activated the small transmitter on his belt.
A short signal and a powerful charge set in the Arsenal detonated. The chain reaction engulfed all the energy batteries and grenades, and the explosion was powerful enough to get to the closed armament compartment for the warships. An even more powerful explosion tore the ship in almost two, seriously damaging the nuclear reactor and the energy-rich hyperdrive.
- Goodbye. – Only managed to say the captain, whose body continued to hold "Colonel", before the most powerful nuclear explosion covered the captain's ready room.
Stationed on the military base, after processing the request, with surprise looked at the monitors, which brought the picture of a nuclear explosion. Lieutenant General, the head of the military base of the system, has already given the order to disembark to the station of the assault group. But the captain, whose last words heard through the speakers all the senior officers in the command post, did the right thing. He didn't let the enemy take the secret data.
All officers rose from their seats and removed their hats as a sign of respect. General, after a moment, ordered:
- Connect me with the commander!
One of the programmers has already started to drive data to establish communication, as suddenly on military base howled alarm sirens. On the main monitor in the command post was immediately displayed a picture from the satellite, shooting space near the planet where the base was.
In space, one after another began to arise hundreds and thousands of ships, from the smallest to incredibly huge. The General froze in horror, looking at the horrible picture, only the voice of a responsible Android developer, distracted him:
- Commander on a connection.
The General silently opened the holographic screen, and a gray-haired man in a colorful, award-winning uniform appeared in front of him. The old man looked at the General with a stern look and ordered:
- Lieutenant General, report back immediately!
The General, taking off his cap and sitting down on the table, looked at the commander and said:
- War, comrade commander. Invasion.
- You know what to do. - The severe commander answered and was disconnected.