You have been awarded points.
Thank you for !
- Story Listed as: Fiction For Adults
- Theme: Fantasy stories / Fairy Tales
- Subject: Novels
- Published: 01/04/2019
White lady damnationBorn 1970, F, from Okulovka, Russian Federation
In Saint Lupp's monastery in a dark class several dozens of very young girls sat. They whispered, having nestled to each other, and didn't listen to the nun that sat in a chair. The sister Dzhulitssa told about the origin of belief and gaining lands. They exchanged words, giggled and discussed the next news and today is pregnancy of one of the sisters. The scandal was trying to be smooth, but it is ineffectual.
Didn't interest Dzhulitssa that girls didn't listen to. The main thing that the nun has said that it was only necessary. All the same each of them will marry and will give birth to children. Girls will live in the chosen family. The groom of everyone got out depending on the investment sum that it is brought in treasury at the placement of the little pupil to the monastery.
- And you won't tell about a damnation of the white lady — the thin voice of Elva Milo was distributed.
Dzhulitssa has stopped the inspired speech about the next bishop and has disapprovingly looked at the useless girl. Elva was an illegitimate daughter of the duke Herman Amsel, the owner of the big province and the richest person in the world. If it was asked by Aliyena Lia, then the nun has sent her to a punishment cell. But here it won't pass therefore Dzhulitssa only shifts eyebrows. Elva was little, fair-haired and playful. The teacher hated this bright person capable get into each hole. Pupils have become silent and have looked at the nun.
- What do you want to hear?
- Truth — Elva has answered.
The woman sighed.
- Once in our world there was a huge empire. Her aristocracy owned damned forces and hobnobbed with demons. Knights of an award smashed them and here groups have stopped before the imperial palace. He also still towers here nearby. Knights stormed the strengthened construction. And here to edge there was a daughter of the emperor Sazur Haddkir Eyon. The girl has told that knights won't be able to form the state here and to win the power. All their acts will lead to the death of the family and children, and then has fallen from a tower, but the body hasn't reached the earth, and was scattered.
- And what was farther? – The same curious voice was distributed.
- Elva, is not that history about which It is necessary to tell.
- And you tell.
The nun has clenched teeth, but she had to tell.
- The lock was captured, it costs close by damned demons. Next day in the camp epidemic has begun and all most worthy have died of black death. All this has stopped when Saint Lupp has held three church services here. From all most worthy there were only three, but also they couldn't live long. Magnifying glasses I became a bishop, but the demons have reached also him. He has got sick and has died of an unclear disease. The award of knights of light has stopped the existence.
Girls were silent. These terrifying stories were much more interesting, than a transfer of feats of some bishops. Dzhulitssa has examined girls. But those didn't feed a pity for the dead bishop. Tales of magicians have taken the place in the hearts of each young boy or the girl long ago. Nobody thought that the church suffers without the head. About three hundred years ago the head of church of light heavenly ceased to be elected. As well as to unite separate provinces in one big empire. Dzhulitssa has looked at pupils and has frowned. Long ago respect for the church and belief has sunk into a chasm. Here and these puny persons even don't wish to listen about anything. Too often the words of troublemakers achieve the objectives. Nobody wants to live in poverty, but in purity. The Province of Saboniya promptly becomes empty. What will become with belief if the duke Skern leaves?
- And well have stopped! – The nun, but who listened to her has roared.
At this moment the bell on a tower has rung out, marking the termination of lessons. The girls have come off places and have run out from a class, without waiting for permission of the monastic. Dzhulitssa has got up and has sadly looked after pupils. The side door opened and the mother superior has entered. The sister Leontyne has approached and has looked in a window.
- The belief leaves our world — she has told. – This girl has asked the correct question. We couldn't win against a damnation of the white lady. Our bishops die, and faithful followers of belief are lost among wealth and luxury.
- We can pray only diligently.
- Yes. But if business goes further so, then our temples will become empty soon. With increasing frequency young people refuse to connect magic. She becomes fashionable.
- Belief the way is put on to itself.
Leontyne is sadly looking at Dzhulitssa. The mother superior didn't hope that in the future the belief will become the center of the universe. This earth as if survived them and deprived, won with such work.
- Heavenly light will specify a way for followers — Dzhulitssa has with great feeling told.
- Only when we go only to a bottomless abyss.
The mother superior was developed and has gone towards an office. She has been already elderly and saw a lot of things on the way. The charm of the first victories has sunk long ago. Monasteries became a shelter of idlers, priests have wallowed in luxury. Nobody trusted in heavenly light long ago. Only singles like Dzhulitssa still amuse themselves with vain hopes.
Dzhulitssa has run after the mother superior. The nun awfully wanted to prove to the head of the monastery that she is wrong. And then Dzhulitssa has stopped. The thought has come that Leontyne has the gift of foresight to her mind. The woman has picked up the floors of a long attire and has run in an office of the old mother superior.
- What did you see, the sister?
- Blood, death and the destroyed temples. Celebration of magic and revival of an old dynasty. We won't note the millennium of our gaining lands. Everything will fall.
Dzhulitssa looked at the old woman with stared.
- Call Elva. The girl the father demands back.
- But her mother …
- We have no bases to refuse to the duke legitimate right to take away the daughter.
- Her mother has wished that daughters have connected magic.
- The duke has said that if we make it, then from the monastery there will be no stone left on a stone and he will expel us from the lands.
Dzhulitssa has jumped out of an office and has gone to look for light-headed the little girl. She categorically didn't like a state of affairs, and Elva especially. The girl was impudent and haughty, dexterously operated girlfriends and created so many problems in the monastery that sometimes there was a wish to beat this maid. Her mother was a popular actress. Then I became the mistress of the duke and when has given birth to the child, I have sent Elva to the monastery with the persistent requirement to connect magic in eighteen years.
Elva was in the backyard. Dzhulitssa has clenched fists, looking at the girl about something is whispered with girlfriends. Again she instigates girls on a dirty trick. The nun has approached the girls and has told:
- Elva, from you is more than harm than from a group of necromancers. One dirty trick in mind.
The girl has thrown up the head and has asked:
- Have you come to read morals?
- No, you are called by the mother superior. Your father wishes to see the daughter.
The girl has exclaimed in joy, has kissed girlfriends and has run in the mother superior office.
- Gnolov's the tribe — has spat out Dzhulitssa after the fifteen-year-old girl.
- In vain you so — the old cook has responded. – She the normal child whom nobody ever loved.
In two weeks before.
The duke Herman sat in an office and drummed fingers on a table. The governor was high and beautiful. In a hundred fifty years, I looked younger than the wife who wasn't also forty. Black hair slightly curled and lay on shoulders in a conditional disorder. The man had brown eyes of an improbable warm shade and long fluffy eyelashes that bewitched women. A nose, however, longish and a narrow small beard the goatee was out of place, but who will dare to tell about it to this high-native mister. The duke loved dandyish dresses and hats cylinders.
The duke Amsel has to be happy with life and destiny. The big province made a lot of profit, and he was considered as a one of most, isn't present the richest nobleman in the world, but the treasured purpose far and will never be received. The duke considered that he has to revive the old empire and stop conflicts of governors of several provinces, but it came to mind only to him. The state of affairs suited the others.
But now the displeasure is caused not a condition of the province, and the message that has come this morning. The aristocrat scrupulously treated the offsprings both lawful, and illegal. Herman was not so much the nobleman, how many the businessman. The lord has taken paper from a table and once again has re-read it. His spy notified him that the required girl lives in Saint Lupp's monastery and mother has shown willingness to connect a gift as the daughter inherited a damned black gift. Greed not for long struggled with belief, and he has decided to take away the child. I have pressed a call and I have ordered to call the son.
Bradley was his pride, the senior from his children and the lawful son of the first wife to whom he was married in due time by the quirky father. The young count had enviable mind and ingenuity when Bradley became full age, I have refused to connect a gift. At the beginning the duke has expelled him, but then has returned. Very quickly Bradley has proved that he can be useful to the rich father. While living in loneliness I have found the mass of acquaintances and friends. He was thin and didn't make a forcible impression, has inherited beauty of his mother and her mockery, and still unusual amber eyes. About this lady's man many rumors went, but he didn't bring the matter to public scandal.
- I listen, the father — was distributed a beautiful baritone that didn't match his almost maiden appearance.
The duke puts before him paper and has departed to a window. The count long attentively read the message. He knew that the father searches for the last from the daughters.
- The magician of darkness — has stretched to Bradley. – Dangerous thing. What needs to be made?
The duke has looked at the son. The count is right, such magicians are dangerous. Still necromancers are standing, but darkness… All imperial family, but how such valuable copy owned this magic the canary from the leading theater has given rise?
- Go to the monastery and find out everything. We have to know what for the successor of an imperial gift lives in the monastery. Especially as he in my lands.
- Do you think, will give?
- If become stubborn, threaten them with eviction, but only in case the girl, really, is valuable and the gift isn't connected.
- And from where at her such it?
Herman has looked at the son and has grinned.
- I don't know. It is necessary to find out a family tree of her mother. Only it is almost impossible. I doubt that we will be able even to find out a name her present. All right. I will strain informers, and you ask friends.
- There is nothing possible. I will go to the monastery. Such magician will be favorable. Elva will be able to reconcile us with the lord-necromancer.
Herman has grinned, and then has frowned. It is impossible to leave such gift not trained.
- Go. I still should talk to the wife.
Bradley has grinned, but so that the father hasn't noticed it. Stepmother laughing stock of all palace and mockeries of the count. The young man left an office of the father and has passed along the corridor towards a personal sanctuary. It is constructed at the request of the widow duchess-mother. The old aristocrat was devoutly believing and considered the grandson by a shame of a family of great antiquity. It didn't interest Bradley.
He has sharply opened the doors and has entered into the small temple. Here candles burned, and over an altar the aroma of aromas rose. After death from poisoning of the son Atsiliya, the duke has forbidden to serve in the temple to the priests. Here it was also necessary to cost women by own efforts. Bradley stood and looked as the grandmother and the stepmother, being kneeling, uplifted prayers to a sacred fire. The walls of the temple are painted with scenes of finding of belief and the feats of the first followers. No, Bradley had nothing against belief, but the fanaticism to him is disgusting.
Kiderella is the elderly woman with abundance of a gray hair and wrinkles behind which former beauty hid. Mournfully compressed lips and extinct eyes and also simple dresses of the widow of a blue and red shade did it is even more senior. The young woman standing nearby was scared and tear-stained and tried to keep in the background of the old duchess and devoutly whispered prayers.
Kiderella has felt someone's presence and has looked back. Emergence in the temple of a prayer and purity of the grandson was the real slap in the face.
- How have you dared to enter here?
Bradley has burst out laughing and has approached closer. He watched how the grandmother from a floor hard rises and laughed. Atsiliya has run up to the mother-in-law and has helped her to get up.
- The dear grandmother — the count has stretched — I will do that I will want and to go where I will wish. And now, lovely ladies, listen carefully to me. I have intercepted one very strange little man who sought to you, lady Kiderella.
- Why I have to know some easy rider?
- Lovely. And here I have found very interesting document in a pocket. In this paper you ask to bring алюрун.
- All this lie — Kiderella has exclaimed.
- Perhaps, but if I show it to the father, then he will throw out the potential poisoner from here. And still, apparently, the grandfather has died of this poison. Here the father will be delighted when he learns that his mother is a criminal.
- What do you want from me?
Bradley has lovely smiled.
- And this business conversation. You will immediately write to me a manor and you will give family jewelry of your sort. All of them are equally not necessary to you.
- But …
- Oh, don't worry. The father selects the modest contents. Will be enough for candles. I'm waiting. And to you, the darling, it is necessary to be immediately to the father. The duke doesn't like to wait.
The count has picked up the grandmother and has dragged into an office where papers are already prepared. He has put them before the woman and with a smile has told:
- Sign. And before to do something, you remember here it.
He has shaken by paper and has given the chance to the woman her to read, and then has hidden in the safe. Kiderella looked at this action with horror. The woman perfectly understood that the son won't leave her here and will force to pay as much if it is no more, and still will easily lock in prison. She has signed with the shivering hands papers. She had such plans for this money and jewelry, but this boy has spoiled everything. She wanted to object.
- At me …
- I am aware that you wanted to do with this property, but the father Farton and his citizens and so have money for gold knickknacks. Will cope without it.
Lady Atsiliya has looked after the mother-in-law and with a heavy sigh was dragged towards an office. As she wanted to be same strong and rested as Kiderella. Also devoutly to protect belief before the spouse, but it didn't have enough forces to oppose to the duke's pressure.
She has corrected a hairstyle and has gone towards ducal rooms. Here everything was simply and with taste. Only all this simplicity cost fabulous money. Atsiliya thought that she couldn't convince the husband that it is necessary to offer money for construction of the next temple and support of shelters of the church. Here, for example, a very expensive path in a corridor. Instead of her, it was possible to feed thousands of orphans. The woman sincerely considered that monks devoutly pray and don't think about transitory that all rumors are a slander on the purity of the church. She didn't notice expensive dresses at the priests and the abundance of mistresses at the prior of their city temple.
Atsiliya has taken a view of in a mirror. The ordinary woman, once was a darling. Black hair and almost transparent eyes demented admirers, but Atsiliya have chosen another way. If the father has agreed. She had sighed and has entered the husband's office. He looked at her disapprovingly. Eyebrows are shifted, lips are compressed. Atsiliya has again regretted that the father has conceded to a pressure of the duke and has given her to him, having forbidden even to think of the monastery.
- You didn't hurry to me, lady Atsiliya.
Herman has put emphasis on the last words. He painfully pricked her what hasn't deigned to make the duchess. The woman has squeezed hands and has tried to object:
- I was on a day prayer with the widow duchess.
Bays Herman was touched by a sarcastic smile.
- You are ready to do, anything, but not to fulfill matrimonial duties.
Atsiliya has looked at the husband with stared.
He couldn't tell it. In a decent society don't say about it.
- You… I carry out everything that the lady is necessary. Anybody and never…
- I speak about matrimonial duties and about need to give birth to the successor. For now everything that I saw - it is excused. You are ready to go for any tricks not to appear in my bed. Where the child who was undertaken to be given birth? To tell you what was told by the priest when he combined us marriage?
Atsiliya has turned pale and has tried to object. As she regretted that has no that hardness that Kiderella. As the mother-in-law is able to speak with the son, is proud having hitched up a chin and quoting the words of the writing. And she is weak in spirit.
- To me already forty…
- And what? In the writing it is said that his mother has given birth to the prophet in two hundred fifty years. And to you only forty. I should get mistresses and it is your fault, the lady.
Atsiliya has contracted in a chair. As it was opposite. The duke had many women. And the last maiden, the dazzling beauty, without being ashamed, I showed to the duke an affection directly at her presence. And it wasn't necessary to speak about the number of collateral children.
- And here what I will tell you, lady Atsiliya if in one and a half years you don't give birth to me the child, I will send you to Barnok.
Atsiliya has turned pale. It was the prison in the Far North, and dukes sent criminals and conspirators there. The woman grabbed a treat.
- For what? – It is squeezed she has asked.
- And you think that you can take me for a ride? And I am not aware of frauds, you with the mother? The son cleans granaries of the beloved grandmother now, and I don't object. Give you vent, lower everything for needs of fat preachers. And at the same time you have a selective blindness. Your monks have forgotten long ago what is belief. And you, blind men, bring in priests more than the values and your charm their whims. So I know about poison. Think, the lady.
Atsiliya looked at the husband and was silent. She was ready to vanish into thin air, but she didn't hurry to yawn. And the husband had finished her meanwhile:
- And still as murder is combined with belief? You have conceived the most serious crime. Maybe you and mother has no belief, and just toys are played? Go and think.
The woman has got up from a chair and, silently, has left. Herman looked her following and grinned. He understood that she will now be locked in the rooms and will long cry and pray.
Bradley left rooms and, whistling a thoughtless tune, has gone towards the stables. The monastery is located in the neighboring city, is more right in the former capital of the empire. The city has fallen into decay in the beginning and became a shelter of thieves and murderers, but then monks have constructed a mansion there and have protected the decent territory. There was it at the grandfather, and that didn't object. Especially as about it he was asked by the young wife. First spouse. Lady Kristana is dead long ago, there were only pictures and memoirs. She after opening of the monastery has left there and was locked for many years, having taken monkhood under the name of Amari. The anchoress till Bradley's birth has died. So it won't be a meeting of relatives.
This city all and was called the capital. There were smart shops, the prestigious theater and council of dukes gathered in this city. The count sat in the carriage and looked at a wall. He perfectly understood that the father wants. Of course Herman not against to nibble Farton and likes to shout that monks do nothing but only eat someone else's money, but the duke Herman also trusts in heavenly light and wants to crush Farton's people under himself. As Bradley treated belief, the young count couldn't tell. He knew that Herman condemns magicians and sorcery, but at the same time carries the strange ring designed to hide magic. The young count considered that the father hasn't undergone binding of magic. The ordinary person couldn't look at his age for thirty years, but it doesn't prevent the duke to condemn lord Andreas Dkaron and his wife. What will be if the duke Amsel achieves the and is crowned, it isn't known.
The carriage rocked and lulled. To go to the city of half a day. So gradually eyes of the young man were closed, and he had dozed off.
In the morning the smart house left the beautiful young aristocrat in a fashionable camisole of chocolate color just in tone to hair. In hands a cane from a bone of the marine animal upholstered with silver. The aristocrat went towards big trade quarter. There it is possible to find anything, and data especially.
Bradley watched at the imperial lock that he towered over the capital, and frowned. Already more than seven hundred years he has cost covered with bed curtains. Nobody from recent will get there. The bed curtains shine all colors of the rainbow and let nobody. Somehow the duke Andreas Dkaron who has arrived in the former capital was recruited in the tavern and has said that he easily will pass it, but was only knocked by a forehead about protection. She has cast away it aside. The duke has shaken by the head, has grumbled something about inept women and has left.
Bradley has grinned and a walking step went forward. He went and attentively examined passersby. Greeted him and learned. Bradley passed by smart restaurants and boutiques, but he will leave it for later if the informer isn't able to find anything to him. Bradley went to one not a most prestigious institution. He needed not a culinary delicacy, but data.
"The fool's shelter" was away from rich streets. Here I was going to smoke different crowd акбат. A smelly muck from Piracy islands which is brought to Asparks and she creeps away on all duchies.
Bradley has entered an imperceptible door that conducted in the basement. Ragged walls were lost in gray smoke. Bradley has waved with a hand, waving away from smoke, and has taken a view of attendees. The necessary person sat in the farthest corner. The count has examined the informer and has smiled. He was ordinary, with a mane of gray hair. The face is hidden by a hat with wide fields. Bradley knew this quirky easy rider long ago. He delivered information to any who was ready to pay well. The man saluted him a glass and has offered:
- Sit down. You don't want a tubule.
- No, thanks. Rare rubbish. What for me?
The man has taken a sip from a glass and has smiled.
- So, Elva Milo daughter of the actress Bettie Skaron. It is a pseudonym. Actually her name Albertina Sakira. I served in the leading theater in our city a coloratura soprano, by the way, very good. She had a lot of lovers and smartly lived. Bettie shuffled men as a pack and always I benefited by rich society. She had the apartment in a trade row near the theater. It was bought by one nowadays ruined banker. Evil tongues claimed that Bettie was too dear whore and has beggared unfortunate. Then she gets to your father. By that moment the young girl was popular and rich. You perfectly know about the rest. And then I have become pregnant and I was gone. According to my data, is in the monastery of a sacred hand in the south of the province.
- And child?
- Here. And here the most interesting begins. You it is aware that the existence of a gift is defined as the birth.
Bradley has frowned.
– It is aware.
- She gave birth in a shelter of Saint sisters, and there have told that the girl has a darkness gift. Initially the canary wanted to leave the child. I think that she counted on your father. And for certain the duke has grasped such smart godsend, but then to her some woman has come and has talked to her. After the conversation Bettie has carried the child to the monastery and has left.
- And who so dashingly with she has talked over?
The man grinned.
- And you don't guess?
- All right. The father about one more child, has learned only two years ago. She from where it knew?
it's out of my range. But it is probable, the lady watched the son. His present wife of the lady arranges.
- And what about Bettie's origin?
- Everything that I know, her mother lived in Extremely and was a dealer fur. Called her Frey Logdash.
Bradley has frowned and has thrown to the informer a purse with money. He left the tavern and has tastefully sneezed. From this fetid odor eyes watered and itched in a nose. He has stood a few and has gone towards the center.
Developing an attack hasn't brought anything else, so, it is necessary to go to archive of the council of dukes. The young man smiled to the street dealer and has gone further. It is necessary to establish precisely whether Elva has a gift.
The archive of council has met him by silence. The elderly attendant has looked out because of shelves and has smiled.
- Lord Bradley, then I can serve?
- I need birth records of the girl Elva Milo.
The man bowed, just a forehead in a floor wasn't stuck and has moved back towards the shelves. Five minutes before the young aristocrat the necessary volume lay. Bradley knew that eighty years ago and he was brought in the same volume, and then have transferred to the black book, appeared to connect a gift. After falling of the empire, it became a commonplace. Any person could address to the archive and look whether the potential partner or the groom has a gift. Only exception, dukes. It won't give even them to children.
The count turned the page and read the text. So, in the shelter of the Holy sisters was born, a girl named Elva Sweet. Mother's real name. There was a report of a nun who shot aura for a grant. Bradley looked at the map. That's right, dark mage girl. Immediately there were data and calculations. He closely have learned to memorize right. How many times was that the child was not who he claimed to be. And he can't be wrong. Bradley pulled out his ring-the determinant of the degree of kinship and smiled.
After negotiations with the Duke Bradley decided to take the girl. He came to the walls of the monastery. The bell rang and the young count frowned. He used to trust his feelings, and now all his insides were screaming that the nuns will not give up just because of the dark sorcerer. When the gates opened Bradley quickly gave his name and handed the paper with the order of the Duke to give him the Elva Sweet.
The nun grimaced and offered to go into the abbess's office. The count opened the door and looked at the abbess. A dried-up woman with sorrowfully clenched lips. Sister Leontina waved her hand.
- What did you want, young man?
- My sister.
The abbess pressed the bell. While the girl was walking, the count looked around. Normal office, very expensive finish. Ebony was worth fabulous money, and a writing instrument made of rock, in principle, has no price.
The door opened and a young lady with black hair and an empty look walked in. Bradley glanced at her quickly and turned to Leontina.
- You're making fun of me! Or maybe I should order you out of here.
"You have no rights, young man," said the door.
He turned around and saw another nun.
I dare say. After all, you did not consider it necessary to buy this land, which means that you take this place out of mercy. It doesn't belong to the Church.
"I don't know what you mean," said Leontina.
- That's how.
Bradley got up from his chair and pushed the girl away. A nun decided to stand up, but not to start the count. He turned around and asked:
- Leontine, and you know that if the ritual succeeds, a monastery and all its inhabitants will be over. The explosion will be such a force that will carry not only you, but the mountains to which you are adjacent. Now...
He did not see how pale the old the prioress, and applied magic, and the nun flew off to the side of the abbess, on the road broke the precious furniture. The count jumped out of the building and ran towards the temple. He is using magic, the door opened and nearly crushed another bluesteelnet of morality, and then another ribbon, and a ritual knife flies up to the ceiling.
"Father, are you so eager to join your dead colleagues?" Or do not know what to associate the gift of darkness in this age, is prohibited. This action even with an adult will cost you your life.
One of the nuns flew up to him and screamed:
- How dare you come in here. You're a piece of mad rot. Her gift will be bound as her mother wished.
"Come on," said Bradley, smiling. – Do me a favor. Duke Amsel will be very pleased if these lands are freed, and your treasures will go to our Treasury.
- His mother…
- Don't get your hopes up for the Dowager Duchess. I don't think she's up to you now.
'You won't dare,' said Juliet.
- If me now not will give old sister, dare.
- I told you, Julissa that nothing good your idea is not going to end, — was heard from the door.
Leontina came to the altar and untied the girl. Elva got up and staggered, went to a strange young man that claimed to be her brother. The girl's legs did not obey, and Bradley walked over and caught her in his arms. Juliet waited for the thunder to break and the wicked magician to be incinerated, but nothing happened. The magician calmly picked up the girl and carried her toward the exit. Juliet clasped her hands mournfully and watched the count take the girl away. All her hopes were dashed.
He almost killed my sister Tomoney. I told you it wouldn't work.
- We didn't follow our mother's orders. And the magician had defiled our temple, whispered Julitssa. What happens to us? How can I tell the students about the greatness of faith, if the heavenly light has not protected us in this.
The count was sitting in a chair drinking wine. The ring is a determinant of the affinity the young nobleman made himself and tie on his aura. And here it shows with Elva they are one and from this it follows that the graph or the mother cheated on the father, or the girl has to the genus Amsel irrelevant. Bradley drummed his fingers, then pulled out the Duke's personal letter. The magician spent a long time with them, separating one from the other aura and, finally, he managed to achieve this. Bradley examined the aura of his father and compared it to what was stored in his memory. Several manipulations and the result are the same. The count leaned back in his chair and chuckled. No, he will not tell his father that the coveted girl is not his child. It's going to be interesting. It is only necessary to know about the lovers Betty in those days. The woman hardly knew who got her pregnant. Too windy was this strange singer.
- Interesting intrigue is wrapped — he whispered and hid the artifact in a safe.
The girl came to her senses in a small bedroom in an unfamiliar place. She sat up on the bed and looked around. All the space was occupied by an incredible bed with a chic canopy. The girl ran her fingers over her thin underwear and exhaled noisily. It was beautiful and looks like a fairy tale from the collection of tales of the rascal that was passed secretly in the monastery. The girl closed her eyes and pinched herself. So I wanted it to be true, not fiction and not a figment of the sick imagination. And I wanted to flew in the window the fairy and fulfilled the most cherished desire. In the imagination Elva thought she was the Princess of dreams, but instead of fairies entered the young man that pulled her from the temple. He examined the girl and said:
- Glad you're feeling better.
Elva closed her eyes. He had a great voice. This could easily become a star of the Opera house, but surely he is an aristocrat, and highborn disdain actors. That's why the nuns hated Elva. A cursed tribe that mingles with ancient demons.
- Thank you.
The man smiled.
- How did you end up in the temple?
- It's Julitssa. She said she will take me out of the monastery, and without the gift nobody wants me.
Bradley smiled. The quirky nun was right. The Duke will not take Elva if her gift is bound.
- Has your mother ever seen you?
- No, but there was this strange lady who kept asking about me. I thought it was a relative, but Juliet told me not to even think about it. This is a great lady who does great deeds for the sake of faith.
- What did she look like?
- Like an old woman, wrinkled low in the beautiful widow's dress and she has a strange ring, like two silver wing hug your finger.
Bradley didn't need to get a picture out of the girl's memory. Grandmother. That's how it is. And that for feats such she made for the sake of faith?
- And when was the last time she came?
- Last night.
Bradley examined the girl quickly. It is very pretty, if you shake out of these gray rags and normally wear, it will be a real beauty. Golden hair almost to toe. Huge green eyes with the mischievous sparks, and when Elva smiled, then began to play dimples on cheeks. Dark eyebrows. Not like she's on a fifteen year old girl, but Elva, whose aura put in the book and the gift of darkness she had.
- So, now will come servant and will lead you in order. And then we'll go to Kaplus.
The man came out of the girl's bedroom, and immediately went an elderly woman in uniform. Elva jumped out of bed and stood in front of the maid. She smiled and said:
- I ask you, Elva.
While the girl was put in order, the count walked around the office, and then grabbed the jacket and ran towards the city administration. There was kept a list of all residents. It occurred to Bradley that if Betty had given birth to another child, the books said so.
Pretty girl, Secretary, smiled at the count.
What you wanted?
- I need lists of the inhabitants of the city that lived near the theater. More precisely, living in the house of actress Betty Scaron.
The girl smiled and walked towards the shelves and brought in another folder. Bradley looked at the list and frowned. Children in the list were a few, but they were not related to the actress. But the mother could not register the girl or do it much later.
- Make me a copy of this page — he asked the girl.
She smiled and brought to the page of the artifact and now the young count in the hands of the desired document, and even with a note of authenticity. Bradley quickly examined the paper and then his eyes were attracted by a strange sign above the name of the actress. He knew all the symbols, but this graph is unfamiliar. It was a raised hand in a gesture.
What's this? He asked the Secretary.
The girl was confused, and then answered:
"This sign says that this face is under the hand of heavenly light. All I know is the order of the Church, but no one knows anything about its members.
- I understand, said Bradley.
The young aristocrat gave himself a vow to find out what it is. And then realized.
- Get the original.
The girl smiled and handed the book. Bradley looked at the page more closely and realized that he did not seem. There was nothing on the page. And then the count switched his sight. Above Betty's name was a large hand raised in a cautionary gesture. Means, a badge of magic.
- Give me a list of all the actors in both major theatres.
The girl shrugged her shoulders. The indifference of the promising young aristocrat offended the girl. But who is she to argue with the highborn? She brought lists of actors of two theaters and put in front of the count. The Secretary tried not to be angry and not to knock papers. Losing such a lucrative job was extremely easy.
Count Bradley did not even notice her antics and abruptly opened the book and looked at her with magical vision. As predicted by the magician, here, too, there were magic markers. But if he didn't know what to look for, everything would be hidden.
- Give me the paper and pen.
He quickly wrote down the names of the actors, over which there were marks. Then hid the records and looked at the girl, then used a spell and erased from her memory all that was connected with his quest.
A beautiful girl was waiting for him at home. She spun near the mirror and tried to see herself in the great crystal mirror that hung in the living room. He looked around and smiled. Whose daughter she was, but after a few years Elva will be the Belle of the Duchies. Golden dress accentuated her figure.
"You're pretty," Bradley said.
"Thank you," shyly replied Elva.
- Wonderful. Tomorrow morning we'll go to Duke Amsel's castle. On the way, I'll tell you what you need to know before you go there.
Elva looked at this strange aristocrat and sighed. She is informed that Lord Bradley was her brother. The girl twirled in the language of the name and she liked it. Bradley. And his voice. The girl blinked and forced himself to calm down. He's her brother. It was bad.
The girl sat by the window and looked at the setting sun. She was glad that she left the walls of the monastery and stayed with the gift. Elva bent his head to my shoulder and tried to imagine himself an aristocrat with crowds of fans and jewels. And then she sighed and laughed. Fantasy passed in front of something unreal beautiful and airy.
Bradley rode in the carriage and taught the girl the basics of life in castle Amsel. He was sure that Elva dreams of fans, but does not listen to him.
- Remember, the lady who wanted to kill you lives in the castle.
- Yeah. This is our grandmother. She's a fanatic and her father's second wife follows her like a dog on a leash. If you let yourself get carried away, you'll lose everything and life in the first place. Believe me, without the gift do not live long. So even the aristocrats, who make themselves out to be Holy believers, try to hide the gift, but not to bind.
The girl listened carefully to the aristocrat.
What will happen to me?
- Likely to be sent to learn, and certainly to the Lord Andreas Dcaron. Is he a necromancer, not a dark mage, but the other instructor will not find.
The girl looked out the window. They were passing by some forest. Summer was in full swing, and gorgeous crown almost closed the track. Huge paws hung down and practically touched the carriage passing by.
- Are you a magician?
- Yeah. But I'm not right for you. I have the gift of life. Warning questions, there is no school for the gifted. Everything is passed from teacher to student. This, incidentally, has been always. Even when the old Empire existed this order. Remember your mother?
The girl perked up and smiled.
- Oddly enough, Yes. She was fun. Only sometimes as if faded away.
Bradley smiled. If what he's about Elva knows the truth, to remember the mother she can't. The girl was three months old when she was brought to the monastery. He nodded and turned to the window. The day was approaching evening when the carriage rumbled over the cobblestones and swept through the city and drove up to the castle. There was no way to consider it. The sky darkened, and night came. Bradley noticed the girl's sigh.
- You shouldn't have slept so much. We'd get up early, before sundown.
The girl raised her eyebrows in surprise.
I didn't say anything.
- It's all over your face. Go. You'll meet the Duke tomorrow. I'll put you in a closed wing so grandma won't visit.
But it wasn't quietly reach room Elva. Lady Ciderella like followed the journey of a grandson. She looked at them and pursed her lips. The woman clenched her fists and looked at this fiend, trying to hold back. The girl is here and her gift is there. She went down the stairs and looked at the couple with outright hatred.
"How dare you bring a demon beast into the house of believers?"
'Oh,' said Bradley mockingly, ' grandmother came.' And tell me, my dear, how dare you bring this girl fifteen years ago to a monastery? You seem to be saying that none of the bearer of the gift may not cross the threshold.
That's right. You serve demons, and they indulge you. You sacrifice your soul.
- Milo, you have sacrificed his soul and got over a dozen of postulates, when brought gifted to the monastery. Tell me, Elva, did you go to services?
- Yeah. It is obligatory for each pupil.
Bradley smiled and asked:
- And how does this fit with your postulates and Holy faith? She visited the temple of the monastery and now what?
- Vile before the heavenly light of any of this, and for these abominations celestial forces expelled the sorcerers from your face.
- I know you can quote entire chapters of Scripture. But I not about that asked, and that the bearer of the gift of darkness, the most disgusting and shameful of all, as you say, crossed the threshold of the temple. He's standing. What do you say to that? Why is she alive? Why am I alive?
"Stop it at once," the Duke's voice rang. Lady Cinderella, you're going to my room and will not dictate morals to the one who does not want to listen to them. And I directly forbid to communicate with the girl. Alva, you will be placed in my wing.
He waved his hand, and the girl was approached by the maid. Before leaving, Bradley called out to the Duke:
- Father, I need to talk to you about something. And the matter is urgent.
Bradley threw his cane at the servant and ran after his father. Lord Herman was preparing for a meeting with the Dukes, another Council was approaching. And tomorrow he would go to the former capital. That's why the table is littered with papers, reports, summaries and reports. The man sat down in a chair and asked his son to sit down.
- What do you want? Just hurry up, I don't have much time.
Bradley did not pull the cat's tail, and asked immediately and forehead:
"Father, what is the hand of heavenly light? How are they becoming?
Herman has drunk wines, coughed, and after a few minutes replied:
- I didn't think you'd find out. In the beginning from?
The Earl laid before him a copy of the paper and pointed to the sign.
- The Secretary said it meant that the actress was under the hand of heavenly light. And this is manifested only when copying papers.
Herman walked across the room and went to the window.
"It's the ancient order of the heavenly light hands. It selects children from the most faithful families of the Church. They undergo complex training and obey only the head, now Farton. He can tell them what to do, and report back hand just in front of him. At the age of ten, they take a vow of chastity. This order was created in the former state. You know we came here from the Kingdom of Atova.
He went to check on Elva. The girl was placed close to the private rooms of the Duke. The rooms were rich and once upon a time there lived the Duke's mistress. Once upon a time one girl turned it all into some kind of madness. And now all this splendor was given to the young daughter of the Duke. Elva looked at it and smiled.
- Like it? - The young man asked the girl.
- Don't know yet. Who used to live here?
- Some sort of father's mistress. There were so many that I don't remember them all. But change here all you will not allow.
- Let him stay. The bedroom is white, so it's okay.
- The Duke leaves tomorrow. You be careful of that Dowager Duchess. She can talk to anyone.
The girl laughed.
- I listened to religious sermons for fifteen years and know how to deal with it.
- And how?
The girl laughed again.
- No. My secret. The monastery has an extensive library. The caretaker is not there, and no one puts books in secret rooms. So I read everything that my hands could reach.
The count chuckled.
- So, do you have anything to say Ciderella.
- I have something to ask her. Our nuns and the priest from the temple could not answer me. I doubt she will either.
Bradley laughed. And asked:
- I have business with you. I'll give you one thing and when lady Ciderella will come to you, try to catch her aura. I teach you.
Bradley quickly taught the girl to use the artifact, and then smiled and left. That girl is not a miss. The count sat in his room and laughed. That girl's too smart for her age.
In the morning, the Duke left, and the count leaves the women went to find another of his informant. Bradley dressed for the part as little noticeable as possible. Now he is not an aristocrat count Bradley Amsel, but a young man Riley sell. Under this name he lived when the father for a long twenty years, kicked him out, he forced himself to forget that he had a father and chose not to call the Duke.
A few turns through the streets and now he goes to one unremarkable home that stands apart from everyone. Gossips chattered that there was a secret Agency of the lost Empire. They were saying that there were still some secrets in his basement. But nobody knew, and because each of the individual caused panic and suspicion among the inhabitants of nearby houses.
Bradley opened the door and entered the strange hall. He put his hand to the thin plate that hung on the wall. It sparkled and went out. The man standing aside, smiled, so much so that he could die of fear. Although Bradley knew it was all just an illusion. That's how half the people came here.
- Saint in? - he asked the guard.
Bradley turned toward the stairs, and a voice rang out.:
- Rillie, you rotten soul, I thought you were dead.
The count turned around and saw another friend of his, and concurrently grandson of the Duke of Rosselin. He was the son of his eldest daughter, and an influential aristocrat was in no hurry to recognize all these incomprehensible children and grandchildren.
The count turned to the interlocutor on the shoulder and said:
- Yes, and I about you, Fintin have not heard. How are you?
- Yes, in different ways. Now is not the season, so few orders.
- Do you want to repurpose a little?
Fintin bowed his head to his shoulder and asked:
What does that mean?
- Nothing illegal. All this you are perfectly able to do. There's something I need to find out in your home province. You okay?
-You're running some kind of investigation again.
Bradley smiled. Fintin was the only one who understood him. They were both cursed, and Bradley's father had only come because there were no more legitimate heirs. It was after his sister's death that he was called back. But Fintin this happiness does not fall out.
I'll take you out in a week or less through the Scaroth.
Fintin remained stand the bottom, and Bradley went to the top. The mercenary looked after him and chuckled. No, he wasn't jealous of the count. The young man's position was extremely slippery. But Fintin, on occasion, easily would have taken this same step.
Bradley did not pay attention to the fact that he was looking in the back, quietly climbed to the second floor and opened the inconspicuous door. For it sat middle-aged, there is no not so, to an ancient an old man. Some chatted that Saint remembered the old Empire. And he is older than even the Duke of Rosselin. And he will soon be eight hundred and twenty. The man examined the count and waved.
- What do you want with that?
- Saint, I need information about the hands of the heavenly light.
The old man raised his eyebrows and looked at the young aristocrat in surprise.
- What a drag. Do you realize you're asking about the most secret order?
Bradley looked sour at Saint.
- That, and means, should know, that about such a not say.
- The father said they were kind of preachers.
- Naive fool your father. They were never preachers. Although I do not deny the Scripture, they should know by heart. In fact is punitive, designed to reveal all the magicians and bring them to fire. They can preach and bring new converts into the fold of the Church.
- Yeah. They are forgiven everything. They say that everyone is given a paper forgiving any sins. If the hand kills someone, it is easy to escape death. Suffice it to say that it was done in the name of the Church and faith.
- The father said they take a vow of chastity.
That's right. What?
- Then my father may be the son of the lady Ciderella.
- You think…
Instead of answering, Bradley pulled out a paper and showed it to the Saint. The man quickly ran through the list and carefully looked at the copy. He threw it back to the count and lit it. Saint was silent for a long time.
She couldn't break her vow of chastity. That's what your father says. This is weird. I didn't know anything about it. If Ciderella really hand, then got married she direct orders. Duke Amsel was at a crossroads then. And then suddenly took in the direction of faith.
Saint paused as if he thought what to say and what not to say.
- To find out who your grandmother is unlikely. These things can hide their ends in water. But if you can…
- This will not allow to make the subject of discussion and gossip.
Discussion Yes, but no gossip won't be stopped. If you send them right.
- Lists of hands, of course, no.
Saint puffed up his pipe and said:
- Try straining Fintin. Just warn me not to go where you shouldn't.
- Let there be magic and endless possibilities.
- The truth will show the way.
Bradley walked out, and the man in the chair chuckled and ran his hand over his face.